Measure and Evaluate Your Progress
Periodically, check in with your progress on the goals you have for retirement. As mentioned, many of these goals will be concentrated in one or more of eight areas. And, you may be working on them simultaneously. Evaluating your progress will make it easier to identify what you need to address next.
Remember, it’s OK if you do not get to all the activities at once.
Here are some ideas for checking in with your progress and recognizing completion of your actions and goals.
- What is the first step you have to take, the second, the third, etc. How will it look when you are finished with that step? What reward will you give yourself when you finish each step?
- How will you monitor your progress toward the overall goal or action? What evidence will you have of this progress?
- How will you measure your confidence to achieve the overall goal or action?
- What will you do if you have a setback? Will you make adjustments and who can help you make them?
- Who else needs to work with you to make sure you stay on track?