Make a SAM Plan for Health Care Costs
Now that you have an estimate for your annual health care spending, consider the following questions.
- How often do you visit a doctor, need emergency services, get new contacts or glasses, have your teeth cleaned or seek alternative care?
- Do you know what costs your health plan covers and what you might have to pay on your own?
- Do you have money set aside to cover your portion of health care costs this year, next year and in the future?
- Do you have a plan for paying for health care in case you lose your health plan benefits or have a major life disruption?
Planning for health care spending is complex. Use these SAM action steps to guide you.
- Size up your current health care needs, costs and coverages.
- Analyze your circumstances related to understanding health care decisions and managing your health care costs.
- Make a game plan to cover the costs of health care needs.