Size Up Your Situation
Think about your comfort level with the decisions you’ve made to this point related to insurance. Rate yourself on the following using the Insurance Plan Worksheet.
- What is the level of risk in your life?
- Do you or family members have health needs that regularly must be addressed?
- Do you engage in risky hobbies or behaviors?
- How confident are you that you could cover financial losses from a catastrophic event?
- Do you worry that you would be financially stressed in the event of a disaster?
- How much do you have in emergency savings to cover mishaps or medical costs?
- For what period would your savings cover your expenses?
- How satisfied are you with your current insurance company, agent or plan(s)?
- Would an adjustment to any one of these save you money or make you feel more secure?