Does Your Job Meet Your Needs?
Beyond income, which job you choose can affect every area of your life, including:
- Financial goals – A larger salary helps you reach your financial goals faster, but more money doesn’t always equal a better job.
- Future jobs and pay – Experiences and skills you develop with each job affect your future jobs and income.
- Health and happiness – Being happy with your job affects your health. According to research from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, work stress contributes to “at least 120,000 deaths each year,” as well as significant costs in health care.
- Lifestyle – Your lifestyle and having time for friends, family and other interests is impacted by your chosen career.
- Money Management – A steady paycheck helps you stick to your spending plan and increase your feeling of financial well-being.