Increase Your Purchasing Power
Plugging spending leaks is all about freeing up cash so you can focus on turning your dreams into reality. You will no longer wonder where all your money has gone by the end of the month. Making smarter spending decisions is another way to "find" money without actually making more. See how many of these purchasing tips you can incorporate into your spending next month:
- Make a shopping list, and stick to it. Avoid "impulse" purchases.
- When shopping, take only cash.
- Buy store brands at supermarkets, when possible, and when the quality of the products is acceptable.
- Look for sales and off-season bargains. Compare prices.
- Consider using coupons. However, be careful. Often a brand-name item still costs more with a coupon than a store brand.
- Buy large quantities of things you use a lot. Try to buy these items on sale and stock up. Be careful not to buy more than you realistically can use.
These are just a few ways to stretch your dollars. For additional information, download our helpful Money Management Tips.